The best path for
scaling and global expansion.
The goal of this program is to create innovative products and services by leveraging new solutions of startups and assets of Rakuten group. The program will be held in Singapore for 13 weeks with the support of Techstars.
This program is open for startups in the early stages. Rakuten Capital and each business unit in Rakuten work together to enable strategic investment and business collaborations. MORE
WHY RAKUTEN ACCELERATOR
Various values can be provided through the
business collaboration with Rakuten.
Funds will be provided for the selected companies. (Approximately USD120,000 by taking 6 - 10% equity. Details will be discussed after the offer.)
Experienced mentors in various fields from both Rakuten and Techstars will provide mentoring.
Working space in Singapore will be provided during the program.
The future of communications,
data marketing and commerce.
We are looking for startups which have innovative technologies and services
to create the best customer experiences together.
- Apps which make communication even more convenient, enjoyable and safer.
- Innovative communication technology leveraging Cloud, AI and Big Data solutions.
- Attractive contents and technologies such as streaming to enhance customer engagement.
- Ad Tech
- Technologies which provide Ad with the best contents, timing and location in both online and offline.
- Commerce services such as open EC and service EC which are beyond traditional EC concept.
- Technologies such as robotics and IoT that enable optimization and efficiency of logistics.
TEAM & MENTORS
RAKUTEN ASIA PTE. LTD.
Global Innovation Group
Rakuten Institute of Technology
Rakuten, Inc. Investment and Incubation Company
Rakuten, Inc. Global Technology Supervisory Department
Mentors from other
divisions are scheduled
- Company that revolutionizes the way of creating surveys and documents. Additor is an integrated document collaboration platform oriented towards small and mid-sized businesses and freelancers.
- AND Global
- Mobile financing business oriented towards Asian non-bankers through AI. AND Global performs more than 500,000 loans annually and there are tens of thousands of uses.
- Real estate technology company specializing in communications and management of real estate. Their main business partners are luxury housing developers and luxury hotels.
- Groovy Antoid
- Independent game developer. They create mobile games with cute characters appearing in them.
- Immersive Systems
- Revolutionizing of sports viewing experience with smart phones, on TV and at stadiums through next generation digital experience platform.
- Jazzy Pay
- Realization of efficient payments for schools, clinics and hospitals using smart phones through a integrated settlement platform.
- Retarget Links
- Making digital advertising usable to everyone by dramatically easing submissions to online media. By using Retarget Links, even small and mid-sized businesses, worldwide brands such as WPP, Omnicon, P&G, Uber can present to anyone appropriate banner advertisements to the appropriate people.
- Connecting the Millennial generation with each other through a chatbot equipped with AI, gamification and social networking. Rooit was established in June 2017 in Taiwan and currently has over 300,000 users.
- Enabling dialogs between brands and customers. Using Shoffr's platform, companies such as Lego, Reebok, Charles & Keith seamlessly realize attracting customers to real stores with SNS, messaging and voice conversations.
- Supporting corporate communications on messaging platforms through chatbot technology. Talk-A-Bot has been introduced in media companies, public utilities and large banks in Central Europe.
This program is supported by Techstars®, the world's leading accelerator and is operated by Rakuten Capital, which is Rakuten's corporate venture capital, and Investment & Incubation Company, which covers new business development in Rakuten.
Techstars is an accelerator program for early stage startups and supported more than 1,000 companies globally. Total capitalization of its portfolio companies is over USD 10 billion.
The program runs from New York, Cape Town, London, Los Angeles to their headquarters in Boulder, Colorado and is implemented in every place of the world. MORE
- How does the program work?
- The program will be held in Singapore for 13 weeks. With the mentoring by experts in Rakuten and Techstars, startups will work for service development and POC (Proof of Concept).
- What business areas will be applicable?
- Areas which have synergy with Rakuten's business. Please refer to "Theme" section above.
- Will non-profit businesses be applicable?
- Non-profit businesses will not be applicable.
- Businesses in what stage can apply?
- The program is open for startups having launched service and clear traction. Applications with idea basis or by individuals are out of scope.
- How many companies will be selected for the program?
- Up to 10 startups will be selected from all over the world.
- What is the details of funding in the program?
- Investment will be approximately USD120,000 by taking 6 - 10% equity. Details will be discussed after the offer.
- Will it be necessary to stay in Singapore during the program?
- Yes, whole program will be held in Singapore for 13 weeks.
- What are the differences between this accelerator program and investment by Rakuten Capital?
- This program covers early stage startups, while Rakuten Capital generally invests in later stage ones. Please refer to Rakuten Capital's website for details.